One of the most commonly blogged and discussed topics I see regarding LinkedIn is the importance of creating and posting from your company’s LinkedIn page. However, most of these articles simply include why you should build a page, instructions or a link to instructions on how to build a page, and then a line such as “It is critically important to build a content posting strategy”. Most of these articles never actually share ideas on what you should post and share from your company. That being said, here are 7 tips for the types of content that can be shared from your LinkedIn company page:
- Jobs – Your company page is a great place to post your open positions because many professionals come to LinkedIn when they are looking for opportunities. This also allows for anyone who follows your company’s page to quickly share the update with their network. Always be sure to include a link to a full job description on your company website.
- Company Blog Posts – If you or your company maintains a blog it is absolutely critical that it is being posted to your LinkedIn company page. This is a great opportunity to generate social referral traffic to your company’s website. Excellent posts could potentially help boost social referral conversions as well.Questions – What is your company’s biggest challenge when it comes to LinkedIn? Posting questions to your followers encourages engagement through commenting and can also potentially generate feedback that can be used in making business decisions.
- Questions – What is your company’s biggest challenge when it comes to LinkedIn? Posting questions to your followers encourages engagement through commenting and can also potentially generate feedback that can be used in making business decisions.
- Pictures – Focus on posting pictures of your team or projects you have recently completed, not inspirational quotes and pictures. People love visual content and picture based posts tend to create significantly higher levels of engagement than text based posts. An image of two AltaVista employees at a tradeshow in November had 1,200 more impressions than any other post from our company page over the last 2 months. [caption id="attachment_654" align="aligncenter" width="647"] Pictures tend to get more impressions and generate more engagements than text based posts[
- Value Added Content – Post articles, blogs, and industry related news from trustworthy sources that contain valuable information for your employees, clients, and prospects. Posting great content that shares relevant industry news, not just news and information about your company, gives people additional reasons to follow your page.
- Trade Shows & Industry Events – Posting about an upcoming trade show, educational seminar, or industry related networking opportunity is a great way to let people know about events they might benefit from while also providing them an opportunity to meet your team and learn about your services or products.
- Press Releases & Company News – Anytime your organization has major news it is a great idea to share it on your company LinkedIn page. This can include news such as a major new hire, completion of a big project, an industry award, etc. This should be done as a link to an official press release, not just a text based post.
Like any marketing tool, a company LinkedIn page is only as good as what you do with it after it is built. By continually posting a wide range of unique and engaging content, you will give users a reason to follow your page and interact with your posts, which is one of the major reasons for building a company LinkedIn page in the first place.
Ready to find out how to expand your LinkedIn presence? Click here to learn how AltaVista can help!
Call us at 410-760-6680